Sunday, August 24, 2008

Steps 2 Cure NF

I was out for a run around Horn Pond this morning when I saw a sign posted for a 5 mile race.  Always up for an event that involves a little competition and a free t-shirt, road races are even more fun when they are for a good cause.  After noting the web address and finishing my run, I did a little research into this race once I got home.

My first question was: What is NF?  
NF is an abbreviation for Neurofibromatosis.  According to Neurofibromatosis, Inc. "neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder of the nervous system that causes tumors to form on the nerves anywhere in or on the body at any time.  NF affects all races, all ethnic groups and both sexes equally.  NF affects more people than Cystic Fibrosis and Muscular Dystrophy combined!"

My second question/thought was: Tell me more about this race!
Details:
Sunday, September 21, 2008 @ 10am
Registration: online, mail-in, or on-site (8:45am to 9:45am)
Race: 5 mile run (2 laps) around horn pond or 2.5 mile walk (1 lap) 
Cost: $20 before September 1, $25 after

For more information visit: here

No comments: