Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Winchester Police Log

I usually read the Winchester Police Log on a weekly basis. I like to remind myself of how safe the town I reside in really is. Typically, the police log includes incidents involving speeding, unregistered cars, drivers with suspended lisenses, car accidents, and occaisonal thefts from homes or cars. Recently though, there was a rather dishonest crime reported.

Someone at the Parkview reported losing their wallet at the pool containing approximately $600 to $700. The description of the wallet also included a detailed breakdown of the bill denominations. The police asked the custodian who had cleaned the area earlier if he had seen the wallet. He said he had not, but was oddly enough carrying $500 to $600 in his wallet including a similar bill breakdown.

Now, I am not sure why this person was carrying so much cash or how one could let their wallet out of sight when carry that much money, BUT that was very dishonest of the custodian and I wonder what happened to him. I am almost compelled to call the police department to ask.

No comments: