Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bruegger's Bagels

I cannot believe I have gone this long without posting about Bruegger's for two main reasons.  First of all, I firmly believe bagels should be have their own food group.  Secondly, Bruegger's headquarters is located in Vermont (my place of origin) and they serve Green Mountain Coffee (though I am not a coffee drinker) and sell Lake Champlain Chocolates (<3).>
Being money conscious in this recession (and oh alright trying to be carb conscious too!), I try to limit my bagel consumption to a few recurring occaisons:
  • Mornings after (moderate) alcohol consumption.
  • Mornings where I have absolutely no breakfast food in my kitchen.
  • Mornings where it is conveniantly located en route to the commuter rail.  ( I don't work in Boston, so this is not a daily occurance).
The things I love about bruegger's aside from their most famous product and Vermont heritage include, but are not limited to:
  • The conveniant location in downtown Winchester.
  • The very convenient parking. 
  • The friendly high school and college age staff.
  • The fast service.
  • The ability to watch the bagel making process.
  • The fact that the bagels are made on site (local = environmentally sustainable).
  • The efficiency of a chain, but the feel of a local establishment. 
Yesterday, after I closed but before I ordered my kitchen cabinets (post soon to come), I found another reason to go to Bruegger's: in CELEBRATION!  I ordered my absolute favorite sandwich, the smoked salmon.  It consists of plain cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, red onions and tomatoes.  Delicious!!  


No comments: